Friday, May 16, 2014

Kitchen update with Ardex counters....

Alrighty I'm in the middle of painting but I just wanted to give you a quick update on the progress I'm making...
See the flowers I got for Mother's Day? Thanks Babe!

If you remember in my last post my counters didn't turn out the way I had hoped with the glaze coat so I sanded them down with coarse sandpaper...see above.
And then applied the Ardex again...two coats...sanded with fine sandpaper then resealed with an oil based polyurethane. 
They turned out perfect! I LOVE my new counters. Water just beads up on them with no problems.
I will share more pics of them when I reveal the whole kitchen soon. :)

Another progress note is that I installed the wood beam with antique cornices and ran the wires for my mason jar chandelier. It was tough work but I managed to do it all by myself, (well also with the help of some great tutorials on the web which I will link to soon) though I have to give credit to my hubby for helping me tear out the old cabinet that was there and for not giving me too much grief about having less cabinets in the kitchen.
Also perhaps you notice the ends of the cabinets have beadboard now, though this one still needs a little piece of side trim.

Anyway that's all for now. I'll be back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and commenting!